The Program’s Goal
The goal of this program is clean, healthy water. The following instructions are based on average usage. An increase in bather load will dramatically affect water quality and require water care supplies to be added more often.
- Run jet pumps for at least 15 minutes whenever adding water care products into your swim spa.
Getting Started — Filling the Spa
- When filling, use our Start Rite Pre-Filter to fill your spa to reduce heavy metals and suspended solids. Water level should be approximately 6″ down from the top of the unit.
- Add 4 bottles of Metal Gon to the perimeter of the spa immediately after filling to neutralize iron and other minerals in the water. Rinse filters after 24 hours and wait for water to get up to temperature before moving to the next step.
- Test levels of pH and alkalinity. Add Spa Up (increases pH) or Spa Down (lowers pH), adjust to between 7.2-7.8 pH and 80-120 ppm alkalinity as needed. Once your pH is in the ideal range, add 3 bottles of Silky Smooth to help to stabilize your pH and prevent pH drift.
- Test level of calcium hardness. Add Calcium Booster to increase the calcium hardness level to 150-250 ppm as needed.
- Place 3 Sanitizer Side Kick Mineral Cartridges inside the filter area. Follow with 2 oz of Renew, leave swim spa cover open for 15 minutes before moving on to the next step.
- Add 3 oz. of Spa 56 Chlorine as needed to reach a level of 1-3 ppm.
Per Use – Weekly
- Test levels of pH and total alkalinity every few days and adjust as necessary to maintain ideal ranges.
- After each use, add Spa 56 Chlorine to maintain a level of 1-3 ppm (appx. 1/4 oz. per person per use. Extra chlorine may be needed after heavy use). Supplement with 1/2 oz. Spa 56 Chlorine every 1-3 days without use.
- Once every other week, add 6 oz. of Defender to keep scale and stain from building on the heater element and spa shell. Alternate with Enzyme by adding 6 oz. of Enzyme once every other week to keep the water clear. Run the spa for 15 minutes before proceeding to the next step.
- Add 6 oz. of Renew oxidizing shock treatment every week to reduce foam and odors. Leave cover open for 15 minutes. More Renew may be needed with increased usage. Renew can also be used to help eliminate foam buildup. Just skim the foam off the water surface, add 6 oz. of Renew then rinse your filters later that day.
Clean the filter cartridges at least once a month by soaking in a solution of 16 oz. of Filter Clean and 4 gallons of water, then rinse very well with fresh water. Replace the filter cartridge every 12-18 months. Instant Cartridge Clean can also be used as a pre-treatment before soaking.
It is recommended to purchase an additional set of 2 filters and rotate every 60 days.
Every Four Months
- Replace the Sanitizer Side Kick Mineral Cartridge. Ask about our Home Delivery Program!
- Cover care: If you have a vinyl cover, clean the spa cover and polish with 303 Protectant to preserve and protect the vinyl. If you have an End2End cover, use a soft deck brush together with a mild dish soap to scrub the cover clean plus the under-side should be wiped down regularly with an all-natural cleaner. For a Covana cover, a quick spray-down with a garden hose every so often to remove accumulated dirt, pollen, or debris is all that is required.
Drain 1/2 the water in the unit, then refill. You can clean the shell with Surface Cleaner then rinse well. Defender can also be used for tough stains on the spa shell.